Through trade fairs and events, brands can establish a profound dialogue with customers because these are contexts in which the immersive dimension arouses an emotional involvement and attention that other media hardly allow.
The boundaries between formats are increasingly blurred: trade fairs, conferences, conventions, exhibitions and events are hybridising to create new models in response to the changing needs of the market, which demands greater originality in concepts, layouts and installations.
Today's increasingly competitive environment, the new consumer needs, the evolution of the trade fair and event system and the new digital technologies therefore require professionals capable of developing increasingly innovative solutions.
- understand the contexts in which events and fairs are created, as well as the economic and organizational implications;
- design meetings involving different groups of clients and stakeholders in physical and digital spaces;
- design and set up trade fairs, events, exhibitions, and points of sale;
- design institutional and corporate events;
- offer to companies and organizations a multidisciplinary vision based on design, management, marketing, and communication skills.
- marketing or communication departments of manufacturing and distribution companies, banks, insurance companies, ICT, and digital companies
- trade fair organizers
- companies specializing in venue management
- exhibition stand companies
- exhibition production companies
- marketing, communication, and PR agencies
- event and show organization agencies
- public and private cultural institutions (museums, foundations, festivals, regional and tourism promotion agencies)
The Master's course is held entirely in English.
The lessons take place in Milan at SPD – Scuola Politecnica di Design and Accademia Fiera Milano (Citylife) premises.
Recognition and qualitication
The Master’s course in Event and Exhibition Design is organized in collaboration with major industry leaders and other universities. Certificates and academic credits are awarded according to the ECTS system.
Master's course promoters
Scuola Politecnica di Design is the first design school founded in Italy. It was founded in 1954 and every year its postgraduate masters train designers and professionals from all over the world.
For the quality of its didactics and the prestige of its teachers, it has been awarded the Gold Medal of Triennale di Milano, the Civic Merit of the Municipality of Milan and the Compasso d’Oro of Adi, the Industrial Design Association.